RobotC is a powerful programming platform developed by Carnegie Mellon and the most commonly used programming environment within the VEX / VEX IQ competitions. RobotC can be acquired from RobotMatter.
RobotC online Training
RobotC training comes in various formats and modules, two free on-line curriculums exists for the VEX IQ and VEX robot platform and often are sufficient to get the student up to speed.
- Introduction to Programming VEX IQ using RobotC (PDF)
- VEX IQ Teacher Guide (PDF)
- Introduction to Programming VEX IQ using RobotC (beginner) – Online video trainer
- Introduction to Programming VEX IQ using RobotC (intermediate) – Online Video Trainer
- VEX Cortex Video Trainer for RobotC
Switching Platforms in RobotC
RobotC for VEX 4.X supports both the VEX IQ and VEX EDR platform, however you need to ensure that the IDE is set for the right platform when you write code for your robot. The following slides will help you ensure that you are swapped to the correct platform type.